APPLICATION FOR POSSIBLE MEMBERSHIP
MAHS ANCHOR CLUB
NO late applications will be accepted.
MAHS ANCHOR CLUB INFORMATION SHEET
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
The Anchor Club is a service club composed of 35 high school girls in grade 10, 11, and 12. We have one boy from each grade level who is deemed an admiral. Anchor Club is sponsored by and under the auspices of the Pilot Club of Monroe (a service organization composed of business and professional women). There are approximately 50 Anchor Clubs in Georgia and 300+ Anchor Clubs nationwide. Our MAHS Anchor Club has been judged the #1 club in Georgia for 19 out of the last 22 years and the #1 club in the U.S. in 1987, 1990. 2000, 2001, 2003 and 2005!
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSSIBLE MEMBERSHIP IN ANCHOR
1. Be a current on-track freshman or sophomore girl or boy.
*Anchor members vote on applicants blindly. In other words, they look at the application and teacher recommendations without the name of the applicant.
REQUIREMENTS OF MEMBERSHIP IF ELECTED
1. Willingness to give time and talent towards serving school and community. ANCHOR IS A SERVICE CLUB - NOT A SOCIAL CLUB!!!! All members are expected to participate in and support ALL Anchor projects. Some projects involve your buying items to be donated to projects. Examples of service projects are listed below.
2. MEETINGS: Two meeting per month - one business/program meeting and one project meeting. Meetings are held at night (usually on Mondays) - some dinner meetings are covered dish and some are catered at a small cost to members.
3. DUES: Dues are $35 per year payable by May 15. Part of these dues are paid to state and national Anchor Club. By paying dues we can devote more time to service projects. You will also be required to sell 3-5 raffle tickets (if not sold YOU pay for $30-50).
4. ATTENDANCE: Attendance of meetings is very important and strictly enforced. Any member who misses more than 5 meeting per year will be dropped from membership.
ANNUAL ANCHOR CLUB SERVICE PROJECTS
(We do them all.)
Present Brainminders program (safety rules with puppets) to preschoolers.
NOTE THAT MANY PROJECTS REQUIRE MEMBERS TO DONATE ITEMS AS WELL AS TIME!
DEADLINE for returning the completed application form to Mrs. Barrett or Mrs. Wade is no later than Wednesday, April 16. No late applications will be accepted.